Re: [A/S] Plumbing help please!!!

Having just gone through this same thing on my 1998 34' Limited, there
are two nuts that hold the complete toilet assembly in place. One can be
seen down through the small plastic plug on the top left side , but is
easier to reach through the back side of the unit. the other nut is
behind the foot peddle assembly, you must hold down the peddles with one
hand and remove the nut with the other. Unhook the water line where it
hooks to the flushing valve and lift the unit straight up. It sounds
harder than it really is. The unit must be removed to get to any of the
plumbing on the bottom.
I found the leak to be around the shaft that opens the flushing valve.
it was in the valve body where the "packing gland" would be in a normal
water shut off valve. I found a new valve at a local RV store for about
$14.00 I think it was. I also got a gasket that fits between the unit
and the opening to the holding tank, like the "wax ring" in the toilet
in your house, just in case it needed replacing. I did end up  replacing
the seal ring, but think the old one would have been fine.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624