RE: [A/S] Re: Courtesy Parking

Orin and Lois
Good idea to do your homework first!
My wife and I have had a 26 foot Airstream for the last 10 years or so. We
like to frequent the National Parks, and have found that most of the
campsites in the National Parks are not made to accomodate trailers larger
than 25 feet. Not to say that you cannot stay at these campgrounds, just
that you have to find (or reserve) the larger campsites, since you will not
fit into most sites that are available. At a first-come-first-served
campground in Yellowstone this summer it was agravating to see sites that we
could fit into occupied by a pop-up camper, but eventually we found an empty
one that would fit us. Only once have we been turned away for being too big,
that was at Natural Bridges National Monument, BUT they had free overflow
parking available with no size limits. The 31 footer may be just the right
size for you and your stuff, but finding campsites that fit in the National
Park System may be a challenge.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander