Re: [A/S] Dodge diesel with standard transmition.

Hi Jim,

I have a 96 Dodge Cummins, with auto trans.  One of my wrench head
friends told me not to use the overdrive except on the highway because
it put too much strain on the tranny.  Mine has 68,000, and so far so
good, it pulls the 29' Ambassador like it isn't there.  My personal
hunch is that the turbo has so much oomph that the transmission can't
take too much laying rubber or dropping in and out of high revs.
Diesels are supposed to be like work horses not race horses.  If you had
it rebuilt, just go easy for a while and see, and please don't sell the
trailer. You will probably regret it.

Daisy