[A/S] Tow vehicle?

I'm wondering if folks could give me a bit of input on a tow vehicle. We are
purchasing a mid-60's overlander, empty weight about 4200lbs.  Been looking
for a tow vehicle, and based on answers from earlier questions here, have
restricted the search to Chevy Tahoe, Suburbans, or Ford Expeditions.  Have
been looking for 5.4l engine with gear ratio of 3.73, or 4.10.  However, I"ve
come across a great deal on a 4.6 expedition, with gear ratio of 3.55. An
uninvolved Ford dealer says it should tow 6500 lbs. Since I have NO
experience towing, I thought I'd ask you folks for feedback. Do you think
this vehicle would do a good job of towing a 26' overlander?

Thanks -
John