[A/S] Dodge to pull 31ft Sovereign

I read the brochures; practically memorized them and I listened to
you guys and to my wife reguarding the Ford vs. Dodge decision and we
went with the Dodge because it was 3 to 4 grand cheaper it seemed to
have nearly all the options, it got better gas mileage and the engine
seemed like it might last longer and my wife liked it better and the
brochure said it had the same towing capacity as the Ford.
   So we got it home and I was reading the manual and the brochure
says towing capacity is 13,450lbs. and the manual says the towing
capacity is 9,450 lbs.with an automatic tranny. That is 30% less than
the brochure says. Our trailer is, I think about 7200 lbs or so. With
all the gear and ourselves that pretty much eliminates the saftey
margin. The truck is pretty much maxed out on pulling power.
   I wonder if I should take it back. Is this fraud?
   I wonder why the automatic tranny makes such a big difference. I
have heard that the Ford auto tranny actually increases the towing
capacity. I wonder if the tranny overheats or if the truck just goes
slower up hills or if the rating can be ignored. I doubt that it is a
saftey thing because the trucks weigh the same and are the same
length so it must be an overheating problem.
   Anyone out there pull a 31' trailer with a Dodge?
Thanks
Dave