Re: [A/S] food for thought

Bill,
 You've made your point, I was wrong. However, I did figure out where that
cockeyed notion of mine came from (that the equalizer bars LIFTED the
hitch).

One of the first times I was UN-hitching the trailer, I forgot to disconnect
the spring bars before unlatching the hitch. The rear of the truck dropped
by a bunch and the spring bars had so much tension on them that I was afraid
to even TRY disconnecting them without cranking the jack in whatever
direction it took to relieve some of the pressure.

                                                                     <<Jim>>