[A/S] Re: Internet Satellite

Yes, you can receive email. I asked whether the connection was fast/
smooth enough for pc-to-phone calls, but apparently the data works
in "bursts," so no. But there is only a second or two delay when
using IM platforms, so one could still have instant communication.
Oh, and apparently its not a problem to listen to voicemail messages,
whether they are email, cellphone, or homebased. Its just the two way
calls that are a problem. I am referring to the Starband system. I'm
not sure how different the technology will be using DirecPC. I assume
not much, but maybe we'll get lucky?

Nicci