[A/S] Re: [AS} dura torque

I just went through this with the factory service for Henschen and
the test was to look at the trailing arm and determine if it was
still angled down (axle to wheel) or was horizontal or angled up.

 The horizontal was still considered ok, but the up angle trailing
arm was considered in need of rebuilding... the more up angle the
more need to do something....The other signs of the billets having
taken a "set" are overly springy reaction when walking back and forth
in the trailer ( no jacks)  and a lot of bounce in travel....uneven
tire wear or even "cupping" should be expected for a "tired" axle...

If you are able to take the axles off yourself, you can save some
money by dealing direct with Henschen in Jackson Center OH.  $200.00
per axle to recondition at the factory.... you pay all freight
charges...I just had Jr's RV Service in Findlay OH do the work and he
charged me $250 per axle and 100.00 in custom freight plus the labor
to unmount and mount..... ( he delivered the axles to the factory and
brought them back )_...

I liked Jr's work and if you are interested, I can provide details of
how to get together with him and if you like hard beds, I can suggest
a place to stay in Findlay.....

Someone should take on the task of writing a book titled "How to
spend money in a hurry".... the story of rebuilding an Airstream....

Jim