RE: [A/S] Re: [AS} dura torque

Chris, many people feel that towing without weight distrib. bars and sway
control is dangerous. I know some people who do it. I myself do it if I know
that I will be traveling for short distances at slow speeds. You say that
your truck doesn't squat. Is this a visual, or did you measure the front and
rear of your truck with the trailer on and off? You might be surprised by
the front end of the truck lifting up, I was.

What it will all come down to is this: How comfortable are you driving this
truck with this trailer? How much experience do you have driving this
combination, and in what driving conditions do you have that experience? A
slight change in wind direction while driving can have a great impact on
sway when being passed by a semi. Even though my truck may not need the bars
and sway controls I use them for two reasons. One, the truck's ride is
improved with the bars. Two, I appreciate the added confidence and safety
the sway control provides while on the interstate. I am not a newcomer to
this as I have towed my current trailer for over 20 years.

Another thing to consider are local laws. I don't know of any regarding the
weight bars, but I believe that the state of Iowa requires anti sway devices
on travel trailers.

Scott