[A/S] Thetford Blade Valve Replacement

Group,
I have almost everything done, or know how I will finish, the pan
replacement over the black tank.  I am fixing the leak that has caused
the problem.  I removed the blade valve that is attached directly to
the tank.  I got three of the 4 screws out fine using vice grips.
They were so rusted that nothing much was left of the heads.  The
fourth one, naturally, broke off.  There is a little nub of it
sticking out.  I think the inside of the tank that these screws were
in is made of some kind of plastic.  The outside is covered with
fiberglass.  I filled the tank to make sure it was not leaking
anywhere else, and this seems to be the only leak.
Has anyone replaced this valve?  I couldn't seem to find a replacement
that would fit the 4 screw pattern anyway, so I was thinking of
glue/welding a short piece of drain to the tank.  I could then mount a
new drain valve that pulls open from the left or right instead of the
top.  Has anyone else done this?  Thanks for any
information/suggestions!
Joe