Re: [A/S] Thetford Blade Valve Replacement

Joe:
I just mounted up and had a go at killing this windmill yesterday.........
As far as I can find out there is no replacement for the fitting with the
built in gate valve. I simply bought an adapter to fit the modern Valterra
stuff and  bonded it to the old style valve with JB Weld. It came out great
and actually looks pretty good (for what it is:>) ). If you are careful, you
can drill out the remaining portion of the bolt threads left it the tank,
and remove it with an easyout......and reinstall it with a new "O"ring
seal....(the part that is probably leaking). then just fix it up like I did
mine There are several other things you can do in case this doesn't go very
well. I am pretty new here and don't remember where you are or what trailer
you are working on, if you are just down the street I can come over and help
you fix it!! If I can help with more info or pictures let me know.
Stan Mayhew
Lakeland, FL.
61 Bambi (she got her new water heater today!!)
72 Sov.