Re: [A/S] Ford? or Chevy

<< The new Ford Diesels, I was told, get 17 to 20
 mpg. If I drive 1000 miles per month that would be $288 gas saving
 which would offset the payments on the truck. If I drove the truck
 more it could conceivably be free!>>

LOL.... hey I like that thinking... the more I drive the less I spend....

I know of no one who gets 17-20 mpg with their Ford diesel.... in their
dreams maybe.... but not towing....and not  around town either.

<<    My wife likes the Chevy for no real reason. I like the Ford. I
 have looked back in this list for 1000's of messages and there wasn't
 a lot of info. It looks like most people here have Fords. What is the
 problem with Chevies? >>

The problem *was* that Chevy didn't make a diesel engine to compare with the
Ford and Dodge..... personally I think it also has to do with the more macho
styling of the Dodge Ram and Ford Super Duty.  Chevy is much more luxurious
and much less trucky which could be why your wife likes it better.

Things have changed...Chevy just came out with the new Duramax diesel
engine... which finally makes them a competitor of Ford and Dodge.  All
reports are the engine is bigger and quieter....

Hunter