RE: [A/S] MILEAGE Ford? or Chevy

RE: MILEAGE - FORD DIESEL

Hi Hunter - Hi all,

Haven't been posting here for a bit - I've been playing with my new 2000
Excursion LTD, Power Stroke and playing on another site.  Love my Diesel
toy!!!

Had my X for 6 weeks now - miles so far is 2,700 and I just put a Western
Diesel + 50 hp chip in - mileage just keeps creeping up there as the X
begins to break in - average mpg now on the computer is 16.7 and is still
going up.  Not bad for an 8000 lb. "car".  It should continue to get better
for another 10,000 to 15,000 miles, so I'm told.  That's town and highway
mileage.  Don't have my A./S yet, so no towing figures.    Bo(     LOL

The WD + 50 hp chip has made a drastic improvement in the shift points and
is nice for the extra low-end power too.  I'm not into being a hot-rod, keep
a low profile when driving but if necessary I'm as quick as the average
gasser, better than some too.  LOL

I've been spending time on a Diesel list which has lots of great info on the
Power Stroke - http://www.ford-diesel.com/ . I see some of the
Airstream.list listee's over there too.

Many people claim to be getting 19 -20 mpg and, for what its worth, I hope
and expect that as well the way its going.

Spencer
(goldframe on F-D.com)