RE: [A/S] New owners

Cathy and Dan,
It's your trailer, you can do with it as you please, but you did ask...

Your trailer was created to be a very useable, trustworthy, and road worthy
travel trailer. The best travel trailer available. Please don't just park it
on a lot and let it sit. Trailers that just sit invariably do not get the
loving attention that the ones that go places do. They just slowly rot away
as its owner says, "Oh, I don't need to fix this part, we really don't use
it here in the park, it is just needed for traveling."

Please do not be afraid of towing her across town, or across country. That
is exactly what she was made for. Yes, she may get a ding here or there. But
this is OK, because she is doing what she yearns to do! Going places,
seeking out adventures, giving you and your husband wonderful memories
together! Please get her on the road and use her!

OK, I'm off my impassioned soap box!

To answer your question about attending rallies. In some cases you could,
but you would be missing so much. Would you be staying in a motel? In a
tent? While all your friends are sitting around enjoying themselves, living
the Wally Byam experience, you will be climbing into your cold, damp tent,
or worse yet, driving to a hotel to a bed that someone else slept in last
night.

Some of the VAC rallies are held at KOA's which tend to have cabins, but
these are limited.

There would be no point in attending the VAC's annual caravan (I cannot say
enough good things about the VAC Wagon Wheels caravan-if I only had 2 weeks
vacation, this is how I would spend it!!!)

WBCCI rallies without the trailer would at best be awkward, probably
downright embarrassing. A few people stay at hotels during the International
Rally, but these people are mainly doing it for health reasons.

In short, you will probably be much happier if you didn't just park it, and
chances are very good that the trailer will last longer too!

Scott Scheuermann
WBCCI 13497, VAC
1960 Overlander

By the way, I saw another 1960 Overlander last month. It had been parked in
a campground lot for the last 15 years (I looked at the liscense plate).
This poor thing was in aweful shape. Even the frame was shot. They only way
that the trailer will ever be removed from the lot is in pieces... small
pieces. Such a waste...