[A/S] Breakaway Switch Wiring

Hello All,
     As I have been going over the wiring on the Caravel, I have made
another discovery, one of the previous owners took the breakaway switch
completely out of all the circuits. I checked the schematics in the owners
manual and it is not shown. While I am pretty good with wiring, and I might
be able to deduce how the breakaway is tied in, I would prefer to know
exactly how it is wired in, because it would be a major inconvenience to
others if it failed when it was really needed, and I have worked with enough
wiring to know you can get it to "work" and still not have it right.
     Also does anyone know if the original style switch is still available?
I would like to keep the Caravel as original as possible, and the reason the
old switch was taken out is that it seems to be bad.
                      Thanks & Happy Trails,
                                      James
                                  (Proud new owner of a '68 Caravel)