[A/S] Re: Everflo Furnace

Today I talked to another engineer where I work and we decided that:
the regulator wasn't supplying enough gas;
and, or;
the fan wasn't supplying enough combustion air.

Being the simplest to check and in light of a 35 year old regulator I
decided to get a new one.

That almost did it! Almost in that the flame would now intermittently
jump off the first half of the first slot. A really great improvement.

Not being satisfied with almost I did an experiment, with the burner
running I had my wife direct the air from a hair drier into the inlet
of the combustion air intake. Presto Chango! A rock solid flame!
Never the slightest motion.

I now know that the fan motor is at the root of all the trouble I had
with the sail switch. It is a little tight to start and seems to stop
rotation too quickly after turning by hand. I will now go take the
fan back apart and this time I won't put it back in until I am
completely satisfied it is right.
Phil Piper