Re: [A/S] Re: Everflo Furnace

Phil
That;s exactly the same problem I had!  I would remove the cap to light the
pilot.  The pilot would stay lit.  When I turned up the thermostat, the fan
would start, along with the gas and burner.  It would be a very erratic flame,
and it too, would blow out of the pilot cap hole.  When I screw the cap back
on, the erratic flame would continue, until it blew itself out.
Now..the literature that came with the furnace has about 6, or 7 things to check
that may cause an airleak.  There should be gaskets at the airflow ajusting
hole, there is a rubber cap that seals the intake against the outer skin, and
a few more things that escape me without breaking it out to read!

I've yet to try and fix it.  This weekend I plan on rempving the entire unit.

My problem has been made worse by the fact that my thermostat seemed to be crapping
out.  It started slowly, only turning on the fan intermittenly, then, or now,
not at all??  Go figure!

My '69..well, I think I have a regulator problem there, like Bob Kiger's!  Same
thing happens with mine, but the flame stays on for 2 seconds!

Nick
'68 Safari
'69 Overlander  two cold rigs! <g>