Re: [A/S] Santa Fe, NM - October 6, 2000

In a message dated 10/7/00 8:24:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
kerrykaye@zianet.com writes:

<<  While you are in Santa Fe, you might want to slide over to Pat Peterson's
Blue Rose down by the Plaza (square, as you call it).    I make and sell
velvet
short coats -- Charro Coats -- like Poncho Villa used to wear and she carries
them in her shop.  This little Missus might die for one -- beware!  (If you
can't
find the store, just ask someone) >>

Too late,

I read this when I got to Tucumcari.....

The drive here was exciting.  It got really cold in Santa Fe last night... I
mean 33 degrees......

We pulled out and went north on 25 to 285...headed southeast to I-40.... all
of a sudden the desert grass was all ice.... there was snow and ice
everywhere.... then we couldn't see anything because there was a "white-out"
fog.

I hate driving in that kind of fog... If someone has crashed or is stopped
there's no way to know til you feel them.

We crept along and I was hesitant to get on I-40 but a trucker, on the CB,
said it clears up right "over the hill"....

So... five miles later all was clear.

Tucumcari at the KOA now....

Headed for Lubbock.

Hunter