Re: [A/S] Brake Controlers

1. The Kelsey Hayes controller that Gerald J. talked about is a pendulum type
controller, it does not tap into the tow vehicle brake system. Finding a
hydraulic controller is very difficult these days. When the manufacturers
starting putting on ABS the hydraulic pressure went from 100-200 psi to
1000-1500 psi. The old controllers were not up to the new pressures. The
predominate controllers, by Kelsey Hayes (Hayes Wheels) and Tekonsha are
pendulum style. When the brake peddle is pressed it activates the controller to
apply current to the trailer brakes.
2. One continuing area of concern between Tekonsha and Kelsey Hayes controllers
is their engineer's approach to the manual control. On the Kelsey controller
when you operate the manual control the trailer brake lights are activated. The
Tekonsha controller does not do this. I prefer the folks behind me know if I'm
applying my brakes.

Charlie