Re: [A/S] Vista View Window Repair

Thankyou Roy for the info on the Vista Vues!

The process has begun...Emphasis on process.  We pulled off the curbside
awning yesterday.  The tension on the awning had pulled on the Olympic Rivets
over the years and they were loose.  Quite an accumulation of (28years) mud
under the rivets and awning strip.  The mud was splattering out from under the
riveted strip as I was chiseling the tops off the rivets.  This is the source
of our major leak problem!  16+ feet of loose rivets on both sides of the
trailer, loosely holding the awning on...Add a little wind for some flexing
and the rain water accumulating above the awning strip is actually being
"pumped" into the trailer...:-(   We also pulled off the ZipDee range exhaust
fan cover.  Recaulked around the fan assembly, then reattached the ZipDee
cover with lots of Al. Vulkum.

Today, drizzle permitting, we take off the other awning and re-rivet both
awning strips.  The Vista Vue windows are next, but may be interrupted by my
A&P's vacation...I'll humor my volunteer for now!  In the meantime I'll study
the info from Roy...And figure out how to post pix.

Judy White
72 27’ Ambassador
WBCCI #5040 (red) and VAC
mailto:dmurtha@seanet.com