Re: [A/S] Re: First Post and I Need help

As I have undstood some of the messages on this list a few late built '72
may have had the grey water tank.  Many of these early models with grey
water tanks ended up with to much weight at the rear (particularly when
running with tank contents) and the frame of the trailer bent (sagged)
from the wheels on back.  This was particularly true in the rear bath
models.  You can check this out by lifting up on rear bumper and if the
bumber moves and the trailer doesn't that could be the problem.  You may
also see a gap between rear body and the storage compartment on rear
bumber area.   Also check on inside and see if any gaps exist at top on
vertical walls separating spaces.  If so good chance frame has drooped
and pulled  down wall from ceiling.  This tail sag is repairable but I
would have an airstream dealer check it out and give you a quote and you
knock down the price by that amount.  Personnaly wouldn't touch it unless
the trailer is a real gem.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
rlashway@zianet.com