Re: [A/S] Re: solar installation

A Sunelco catalog fell off the bedroom pile and got in my way so I
looked through it. For that dreamer who wanted a solar power air
conditioner I noticed they sold a kit for building a 12 volt
refrigerator. The compressor and its fan consume 65 watts at 12 volts.
There'd be a need for an interior fan to consume more power. The cooling
side of the kit is a pair of flat plates, that would probably have to
use a more conventional refrigerant to air heat exchanger (finned tube).
The catalog page misses giving a performance rating in BTU. Price in
1993 was about $800 for the kit without refrigerant.

Gerald J.