The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

The Original Airstream E-mail List Archive

RE: [a/s] '76 Land Yacht Cracking Vinyl

Orsa:
I have the same small cracks in the front dome and shower compartment of my
'76. To prevent their spreading, I drilled a very small hole at the end of
each crack so that the crack would not get any longer. Although I have not
done it, you could fill your cracks using fiberglass tape (to prevent the
crack from re-opening) and body filler. You would have to sand and repaint
the area. Perhaps you could just drill the ends of the cracks and apply
decorative butterfly decals over the cracks?
george