Re: [a/s] Re:hensley arrow hitch

Well,... I just bought it a little more then a month or so ago from the
original owner, Bruce MacCormack. I have done little more then take out the
carpet and clean!
Everything looks great and is supposedly in working order. I have it stored
at a local RV place (fenced and locked) that has a wonderful service dept. I
did have the underneath checked by my friend that does auto body work and he
said it was solid!
It will need new tires for sure before I go too far and I will have the
brakes checked....bearings packed etc.
I  will have the summer off as of Mon. so I can get started learning about
the AC...awnings....water....electric...etc. When it was towed to where it is
now the lights seemed to work fine. The frig. looks good and no ammonia
smells. I want to learn the electric as well as the propane works of
everything this summer before I travel anywhere. I would like to retire in 5
yrs. so I have plenty of time to LEARN and PLAY before any serious
excursions! I have sold my Volvo and bought a new pickup to pull my AS and
have decided on a Hensley A. hitch. I used to belong to the WBCC but sold a
previous AS purchase before ever getting to travel in it. (It was too big for
me to haul by myself ...29') 22' seems just right. I will rejoin WBCC when I
am ready to hit the road. I am really not going to decorate with vintage
upholstery etc. ....just want to make it comfortable enough to travel
anywhere. Bruce took out the original sofa bed in the  living room and put 2
heavy swivel chairs and attached an old AS fold out table between them. At
first I was going to put the sofa back in but the chairs are growing on me!
There is no stove ...I have a hard time believing this man and his family
traveled 37yrs without one...but they used a microwave and a propane camper
stove to serve their needs. I might look in to having a stove top put
in....there is a place for one....but not now.
I have to get to work.
Would love to be in this discussion all day. I'm getting addicted!

Peg
63 AS Safari