Re: [a/s] Re:hensley arrow hitch

Sorry Gang,
But I'm on one of those out spoken jags today.  I'm sure that the Hensley
Hitch is a design marvel,  But Wally Byams whole Idea was to design a
trailer so perfectly balanced and light weight, that it did'nt need a lot of
expensive equipment to tow safely and comfortably.  Before they had the
hensley hitch and when Resse and Equalizer hitches were in there infancy he
bragged to my grandparents on a fifties caravan to Mexico that "You keep
having to look in your rear view mirror to see if the Airstream is still
There".  I realize that the new A/S's weigh about twice as much as the ones
he designed, so maybe those Hensely hitches are the way to go for those of
you with the newer models.
Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
'56 Overlander