[a/s] Trip Planning Software (was Top-of-Ga to I-75)

Greetings:

The name is Tom and I have been lurking for some time. I don't yet
own an airstream but I am looking around for one.

Someone has asked a question about which I can provide some information. So ...

I have and use the Delorme Map'N'go version 5. I have also used the
National Geographic Trip Planner Platinum.

The NG Trip Planner comes with an extra cdrom that contains
multi-media presentations about a large number of attractions mapped
by the software. You may find these old video clips interesting. But
I can't really see anyone wanting to watch this material more than
once or twice. And it doesn't really help you plan the trip. So I
will say that you would be better to find the video tapes from your
local library.

I feel that Map'n'go does a better job of picking a trip routing. A
say this after asking both programs to plan trips that I make often
enough to have already tried most (if not all) of the alternate
routes. The Delorme software comes much closer to planning the route
that I have found by trial and error.

I have also used the Delorme and Mapquest (the NG Trip Planner uses a
Mapquest routing software) web based route planning. These web pages
are better than nothing. And last time I check they are free.
However, either program that you load on your computer works better
than what they are giving away for free on the web.

Ok the rest of you can carry on. I will be lurking over in the corner.
--
Take care,
Tom

mailto:tdj@wilmington.net