Re: [a/s] Tow Vehicles

Hi Ken,

This is my personal opinion.  I think you have to be crazy to tow a 10,000
pound trailer with a car rated to tow 2,000 pounds.  You are risking you
life, your family's life and everyone out there on the road.

Just because someone is doing it doesn't mean it's safe or smart. I have
never actually seen one of these cars towng out on the road... I only see
trucks doing a truck's job.

Common sense says that doesn't it?

I pulled my trailer up a long steep hill yesterday..... you couldn't pull a
10,000 pound anything up that hill using a little weenie car with a 6
cylinder engine.  Period.

Some hitches will help by eliminating fishtailing, but, to me, they don't
change he fact that it's foolish and dangerous.

Think of the fun the opposing council would have in a lawsuit if you hit
someone pulling a 10,000# trailer with a car with a 2,000 pound tow rating.
Think of your insurance company staring at you in disbelief.

A car can pull a big trailer... but are the brakes, transmission and engine
up to the task.  What do you think?  In an emergency situation do you think
the car could control that big trailer?

I have a big powerful truck and a 25 foot trailer and I was thankful for that
truck in very windy conditions a few days ago.  No little car could have
handled that situation safely. You would have been white knuckling, hoping
you got out alive.

Do you want a car or do you want to tow a trailer? If you want a tow vehicle
get a truck. A suburban, and Excursion, a van or a pick up... at least a 3/4
ton van, pickup or suburban. Do not buy a short wheelbase SUV.   A Suburban
is as comfortable as a car.... and much more useful.

I know some of you disagree, that's your right. Like I said, this is my
opinion and Ken did ask for our opinions.

I want to be as safe as I can on the road...do you want less for your family?

Hunter