[a/s] Titles

Mike:

	Just for general interest: I have found Georgia tag authorities to be
somewhat confused about titles; so, maybe these people were just repeating
something an AL tag authority told them.
	When we went to transfer title & tag our "new" '95 trailer in GA, we were
told that the clerk wasn't sure whether it would be eligible for a title;
she asked her supervisor, who told her and us that GA does not title
vehicles of 2,000 lb. or less.  She then asked about our trailer, for which
she had the dry wt. of 6,100 lb right in her hand, and her supervisor asked
us if this would be called a "house trailer."  I told him I thought they
were called "travel trailers" now, but yes, it's a "house trailer".  I
hadn't heard that term in about 50 years.  We did get our title
transferred, and the GA title arrived with startling rapidity - about 2 weeks.
	Oddly, the same office had no questions about our '72 LY-Safari we
transferred title to in 1995 - they simply took the original Ohio title and
everything went smoothly; maybe they don't trust Florida titles.  However,
I'll simply blame it on a new computer system.

- Dick
(5368)
Dick Kenan
rkenan@bellsouth.net