Re: [a/s] RE:Batteries

Don't know anything about the specific brands you mention, and I am not a
12V "expert" but I do know that it is the battery capacity that makes the
difference in deep-cycle batteries, not the brand name. If you can fit
"Golf Cart" batteries in your rig, you would probably benefit from their
increased capacity. Since Golf Cart batteries are 6V, you would have to
rewire the battery connecting leads so they are in series, not parallel as
they are now.

Since golf cart batteries won't fit in mine (not enough height clearance),
I use conventional 115 AH (amp-hour) deep-cycle batteries from Sam's
Wholesale Club that cost about $50 each. Don't remember the brand. The
present set I am using were installed in the fall of '98 and they are still
going strong. The trailer is (almost) always powered up with 110V, so they
are constantly float-charged.

Jerry W4UK