[a/s] Replacing sofa with two recliner chairs.

As I posted previously. I removed the sofa from my 1989 29 foot Excella
about 2 years ago. I have it stored in a spare bedroom, folded up and
plastic wrapped. I guess I could re-install it all in 3-4 hours.

It disassembled easily - just a few wood screws and a couple of bolts, as I
recall. It took me only a short time to detach it from the floor and
univolt wood cover panel behind. I made notes as I went, and marked parts
so I could undo it later if needed.

I bought two recliners (like the "lazy-boy" style chair) from Sam's
Wholesale Club and didn't have any problem getting them through the door
into the trailer - had to take them out of the boxes first, of course, and
didn't attach the backs until they were in place in the trailer. These are
FULL SIZE conventional recliners - meant for home use, and they are VERY
comfortable. They are wide, and there is very little room left at each side
- just a few inches, as I recall. Not enough room for a side table, for
instance.

Since our table folded up from the driver's side wall, the table had to be
moved. That is another story.

I did not fasten the chairs to the floor, but have not seen any movement in
thousands of miles of towing.

Since it is just the two of us, and we never need the extra sleeper space,
this has been a big success.

We had seen two others (both 34 footers with dinettes) done similarly
before we converted ours, which gave us confidence that it would not be a
mistake. Both owners agreed they would do it again.

Jerry  W4UK  WBCCI 17158