Re: [a/s] FIRE

True, it was on Interstate 10 at Roscoe, Tx. April 29, 1998.
Truckers were flashing their lights, but since we didn't have a CB, we
thought they were warning of something ahead.
We saw smoke in the mirror, pulled over to the side of the road and by that
time the back was on fire.  Our extinguisher which we carried in the car,
was inadequate and by the time the volunteer firemen finished the trailer
had burned to the frame.  They hauled off the remains on a flatbed wrecker.
We were fortunate enough to be able to unhook the Burb and pull away from
the burning trailer, but our fears since have been that it would or could
happen at a park.  Needless to say, we aren't ones to drive with the gas
turned on.  The first thing the firemen did was cut the tanks off the front
of the trailer and toss them  far away from the fire.