Re: [a/s] overdrive

Hey, J-man, the Automatic configuration
you listed does not include over drive, so
you can tow in "D" - regular drive.  When
I pulled with an LTD, I started from any
dead stop in D -1, shifted to D-2, and then
to D.  On a hill, shift to 2 as soon as it begins to strain a bit, or
when speed drops below 40 (but keep it at no more than 40 in 2).  Steep
hill?  Use  1 and be
satisfied with 20 mph.  If it is a long haul,
and you have a 2.75 or 3.10 rear end, watch your temperature guage --
watch it
anyhow!   When it begins to get up toward
the higher range, pull over, pop the hood
and let it run until it cools down; maybe if
it is not too warm, turn it off and take a walk.  A hot engine and a hot
transmission
spell t-r-o-u-b-l-e.  Have the heavy duty
transmission oil cooler added, and if you
do much hill climging add an auxilliary oil
cooler.  And change fluids earlier than
usual, earlier than recommended.

That at least is consistent with my experience.  (c:
Also IMHO

Donald at Port O'Call in Mebourne, FL
kribbs4ASNET@webtv.net   #2875