Re: [a/s] Furnaces

Lew, don't sell the Suburban short! They
have  a proven life.  The chip board does
have problems undoubtedly caused by
power surges.  Camping World and other
places (check out marina's) have surge
protectors with a higher capacity than the
little cube things.  If you can find a way to
get one in the line, it may repay you many
times over.  I got one from CW that attaches to the "shore-side" power
supply
and is supposed to protect the entire trailer, but at some $85 or $90 I
doubt
that it does.  It may pay to get the biggy
(i.e., expensive kind) which should protect
the Univolt/Converter and any computer
stuff you may have on board.

Your present furnace sounds like a shot job.  You fan noise is telling
you something and the off and on cycling is
saying something else (may only be one of the switches, possibly the
chip board)
but you can spend a lot of money including labor patching up a bad
furnace.
I agree that the 22,000 BTU should be
enough, not more than the next size up
because of the power draw and the excessive heat for the system.  I
really
do like a catalytic heater, and especially
the larger ones that are vented outside so
you wont get monoxided!  Initial value of a
cat-heater is to break or to prevent a chill
(early in the morning or before you go to
bed -- but turn it off before you crawl in.)
I have left ours on all night in the living
area with a window opened to the first latch, or vent open, in the
bedroom.
CO poisoning, if one lives, results in a
cabbage for a brain:  I've seen one such
result.

Get it right, first, and enjoy for a long time.  {c;

Donald at Port O'Call, Melbourne, FL
kribbs4ASNET@webtv.net     #2875