Re: [a/s] More A/S Parts-Conibears in FL

If you are going to detach the spring from the pole which holds it (those are
normally the poles at each end of the awning roll) you must first get hold of
the end fitting (which has a projecting lug for the purpose) with a stout pair
of Vise-Grips.  Hold onto the Vise-Grips FIRMLY (if you don't, they will get
away from you and you will have smashed fingers, if not worse ... I had a slip
of the hand last week while unwinding an awning spring and the Vise-Grips
smashed the Rolex watch I was wearing).  Once you have freed the end fitting
from the arm you need to unwind it carefully, counting the turns while doing so,
until the spring tension is gone.  You will have to wind it back up the same
number of turns when installing the new arm.

If you haven't an illustrated manual showing this procedure, get someone
competent to show you how.  If you don't do it right, you will get hurt, or
break something, or quite possibly both.

John

Susi and John Burchard
Tepe Gawra Salukis
saluqi@ix.netcom.com