Re: [a/s] Hello all.

Listies,

The older furnaces are pretty straight forward...they don't have any
electronics built in like the newer ones.

I had a 73 Excella with probably the same furnace, although I never had a
problem with it, I used to tinker around and see what makes things tick.  I
found that if the pilot was too low the furnace would blow out.  There is a
simple adjustment behind a little panel (nearby the pilot button), that has
2 philips screws.

I don't recall what kind of adjustment screw or wrench is needed, but I
recall being able to adjust the pilot up and down.

If the pilot is too low, it blows out with the turbulance of the blower, if
its too high it will cycle the fan on and off with the build up of heat
within the furnace...there is a happy-medium.

The furnace fan is designed to come on with heat build up within the heating
chamber...I wasn't able to find out where this adjustment was, but there's
got to be a control there somewhere.  Maybe someone else has had theirs
apart.  Or maybe someone has a repair manual with this info in it.

Rich Walbridge
mailto:richwalbridge@airstream.net
WBCCI#3371