Re: [VACList] Re: Free standing AC

Patti et all,

On a recent visit to Wal-Mart and Home Depot I saw portable free standing
A/C's  for less than $500.  I didn't think of them for use in a small AS but
they sure would do the trick and be a simple installation.  If I remember
correctly, they were in the 5000 BTU range and had a port on the back for a
4" hose which I assumed was for expelling heat from the unit.  This could
easily be done through the floor and save an extra hole through the aluminum.

There are pictures of similar units on this web site:

http://www.compactappliances.com

Click on "Portable Air Conditioners" at the top.

Don (MI)