Re: [VACList] LP Gauge

Hi Yosef:

A few weeks ago, in a weak moment (I'm having more of those lately) I
included in an order to Camper's Choice stick on level gauges for my LP
tanks.  The first thing that happened was that the picture in the catalog
was kind of misleading (at least to me) and I assumed that the devices were
for 30# tanks.  Turned out to be for 20#.  Then I began to think it through
(like I should have in the first place) and came up with this:

1.  I don't think anyone will fill a tank unless it's empty.  (This may be
the flaw in my thinking)

2.  If this is true, knowing how much fuel you have left really doesn't help
you much.  The idea should be that you have a bottle that you KNOW is full
(recently gone empty and refilled).  What difference does it make how much
fuel is in the other bottle.  When it runs out, you switch to the full one
and get the empty one filled as soon as possible and then you know that THIS
one is full.  And so on.....

IOW, if you knew that you had a small amount of fuel by reading the gauge,
what would you do about it?

Zat make sense?  I think I wasted my money (although not much) on these
things and have decided not to try to use them.

GQ '67 Safari