[VACList] Electrical Breaker Box Relocation

A contemplated project on my ['74 Excella 31-tw/rb-Ohio] is to attempt to move
the breaker box from within the rear depths of the small bathroom cabinet which
is streeside and next to the toilet.(IMHO the factory location showed lack of
respect for the buyer). (Likewise for the converter locale on the oposite side
at bottom of bathroom wardrobe). I am thinking of mounting it (or a suitable
replacement) into or upon the wall above the same cabinet. I want to hide the
wiring (extensions) within the thin wall shell if safe and possible. I would
then concoct some faux front to mask the actual breaker box. Possibly a hinged
door or hinged picture or shadow box perhaps. Another possible locale would be
a bit forward of the prior suggestion over the bed between the window and the
rear "headboard" bulkhead. This would be pretty much directly over the pigtail
reel area. In either case (and I don't have the trailer here to go and look*) I
will have to make extension splices I am certain.

My questions are;
1.)Have any of you done or contemplated similar or same alteration?
2.)What type of problem might I be inviting with the splices?
3.)Is there an extra thin breaker box out there?
4.)Would it be advisable to have a single handle disconect box somewhere as
well? Where, Inside or Outside?
5.)Is it always wise to replace with a larger (breaker space) box? How big?

As always any and all advisories will be appreciated.
Thanks

++HeX++