[VACList] Re: 54 Flying Cloud from List

Today I am a happy camper! I brought home my "new" 54 Flying Cloud in
the worst rain and lightening storm I've seen in years! To make it more
exciting, I lost the brake lights and turn signals somewhere along the
PA turnpike so had to pull the trailer with no lights! The previous
owner didn't have all  the parts that went with the sway bars and there
wasn't a break-a-way switch so it wasn't the safest way to tow. My 2500
Suburban did a super job and the only thing that worked on the VERY
frayed harness was the trailer brakes so I made it home, from PA to
Long Island and over the GW Bridge and Cross Bronx Exp., and more
important, the coach make it home intact!!!!

The FC is in all original condition minus one goucho and the dinette
table. The shell is perfect! Belly Pan intact, and lots of paperwork.
At first glance it appears that they eliminated the 12 volt system or
maybe in 54 it only used 110. I have lots of questions but will have
even more for the group when I take a better look! (like is there NO
black tank?) I see a pipe coming from under the bath with no valves.
The trailer sat in a RV park since 74, mostly in storage. Has seen very
little road travel. I really am excited to be back in the vintage again!

Patti

54 Flying Cloud
03 Safari
02 Suburban