Re: [VACList] Improvent/Tax deductions

Jim
Your right an RV does qualify as a second home, must have hot/cold water, stove,
fridge, bathroom, sleeping area. But as far as repairs go your on your own, just
like normal maintenance/repairs on a home. Now home improvements does fall into
allowable tax write offs, but they must meet certain standards, energy efficiency,
necessary. You can even take out a home improvement loan that is tax deductible
and use the money on you're A/S When I replaced my A/C (the Armstrong unit) with
a new Dometic Penguin, I checked to see if I could write it off on taxes. And yes
I can. I checked with a few tax preparers and a CPA I know to make sure my
interpretation was correct. All agreed that it would be a legal tax deduction.
Bobby
Valdosta, GA