Re: [VACList] Frame & underbelly pain & suffering

Hi Gary,

If you haven't read up on frame strengthener kits, this is the time to do
that. See Tom Patterson's archives. Plug in keywords "frame strengthener
kit" or any other word you think might strike paydirt. You might try using
"tylerbears" alone or with "batteries."

I mention this because you have everything exposed and the installation
would be straight forward.

Down the road, this one job could save you many headaches - especially if
you really - really - REALLY use the Safari a lot; if you carry more than an
average amount of "stuff" (including 2 batteries where one used to be) and
heaven forbid - if you actually take the Safari to places you probably
shouldn't be taking it.  Some of us do that inspite of our best intentions
for not being impulsive.  <grin>

After you've checked the archives, if you want to know more, rattle my cage,

Terry
1967 22' Airstream Safari
with frame strengthener kit behind each axle AND at the rear where the shell
connects to each frame rail.