[VACList] "Retro" Awnings

John,

I have a one piece plastic slide or welt on the awning of my Overlander.
Putting it up requires 2. One to feed and one to pull. (One person can do an
awning about 6 feet wide, wider seems to require 2 people.) I doubt that
using tabs instead of a single piece would get you much further, actually it
might make it harder to feed since you have to individually feed each piece.
Coming down only takes one, and it only takes a few moments, though normal
winds don't bother it and I leave it up during most storms. 50mph+ winds
however are another story. However repairs were very cheep - about $20 to
replace the welt. I should say that I use springs on the guy wires to absorb
much of the shock that the winds create.

Scott