Re: [VACList] Electrical plug for '66 Caravel

Wally,
This is the original socket on all of my trailers (57 Sovereign of the Road,
59 Ambassador  International  and 65 Safari) as well. I tried to find a new
plug (female end that fits into the male socket) a couple of years ago. This
standard was dropped many years ago. You might get lucky and find some "new
old stock" somewhere but don't count on it. However if you do, let us know
because a number of us have been looking. The modern 30 amp plugs/sockets
work but you will lose the originality. If that is not an issue just update
it as most of us have.
Colin Hyde