[VACList] bug arrester for windows...

Hi all....
I sprung for a couple of sets of the Airstream part that is apparently
intended to add new bug wipers to a window screen assembly by slipping the
new wipers over the window operating handle and drilling new holes and
screwing the plastic holder to the face of the window screen frame... If I
have the wrong idea of how these mount, I hope someone who has the straight
will jump in and save me from hacking up my trailers.... I am fairly sure
that the way I intend to mount the part will work, I am not sure it is the
intended way Airstream wanted to use the part... The wipers I have on the
78 are just glued to the back of the screen frame and kind of look like two
pieces of decorative fringe... They are glued to the screen frame with the
fuzz touching and when the window operator slips between the fringes, the
bugs are held at bay....

The part I have looks like a later design intended to be added to the
inside to take over the chore from worn out fringes that are on the back
side of the screen... The only problem is the price I paid... $14 per set
of two.... I would have thought $5 per window would be about right...

The numbers I have are HD201497 .(which might be a dealer stock #)  .. #79
Bug seal plastic  $7.02  Maybe it's not even an Airstream part???

Any help in using these or not and using something else would be
appreciated as usual...

Thanks again...

Jim Clark