Re: [VACList] AirLift, Firestone Air Springs, or ShockWave 9000?

Kevin, my first Airstream was a 1971 Tradewind and a new 1971 Chrysler New
Yorker to pull it. We put in an auxiliary transmission cooler and air bags
in the Chrysler's rear coil springs which worked fine to keep the rear of
the car level and prevent it bottoming out on the stops. There wasn't a tire
clearance problem like you potentially could have but it worked well and
made for a satisfactory tow vehicle-Airstream combination.

Jim Greene
' 68 Tradewind