[VACList] The Airstream Family

The WBCCI/VAC is not just for meeting old friends, fellow WBCCI/VAC members or
learning the latest thing about Airstreams. I found out at the International
Rally its for finding family members you did not know you had. Who would have
thought after being part of the WBCCI/VAC/WDCU unit for a year and half, I'd have
to travel to Essex Junction, VT to meet a cousin I did not know I had. It
happened at one of the happy hours, Garnet Horner and I started talking about
having a rally where I live in Front Royal, Va. There's also a big hot air
balloon festival in near by Millwood, Va. during the same time we were talking
about having the rally and trying to combine the two. Garnet said, "You know the
Millwood, Virginia area?" I said, "Sure I go to church there". He told me he had
family there and the last name was "Royston". I said, "Really, my mother was a
Royston". After a few names we knew we were related. It just so happens that a
family member has been doing a bunch of work on the family tree. I had the
information at home and after five minutes found out that Garnet's great grand
father and my great-great grand father is the same man. His name, Thomas Adams
"Toad" Royston from Clark County, Va. Figuratively, I have always felt being part
of the WBCCI/VAC/WDCU was like being part of a lager family, I never would have
guessed it was literally.

Paul Waddell

WBCCI/VAC/WDCU 1270

1966 Overlander, 1970 23' LY