[VAC] Wiring IntellPower into 64 GT

  I am ready to replace the Univolt transformer in my 1964
Globe Trotter with an Intelli Power 9100 converter (40 amp
model PD9140AR), but have a few questions on how to wire the
IntelliPower into the Globetrotter.

  The Univolt transformer has a one line 110 volt AC input
and two AC outputs line of 12 volts AC for the lights and 18
volts AC for the fan and water pump.

   The G64 GT electric control panel in the rear compartment
has two 2 position toggle switches to switch the Lights
(switch 1) and the Fan & Pump (switch 2) between City Power
(12 & 18 volts AC) and Battery Power (12 volt DC from the on
board battery).   When the panel switches are set to
Battery, the loads (lights, fans and pump) all get 12 volts
and are not connected to the Univolt at all.  When the
switches are set to City Power, the loads are connected to
the Univolt (12 volts AC for lights and 18 volts AC for fan
& pump) but are not connected to the Battery at all.
Switching is an either/or, mutually exclusive selection
between the Univolt AC transformer or the 12 volt DC
Battery.

    The IntelliPower is a converter (CONtracts 120 volts
down to 12 volts while also changing AC to DC) that also has
the optional Wizard for three level charging of the 12 volt
Battery when plugged into AC.
THe installation wiring diagram for the IntelliPower shows
its 12 volt DC output attached to the cable that go from the
battery to the 12 volt panel.   I presume attaching the
IntelliPower 12 volt output wires at this point allows the
IntelliPower to provide 12 volts directly to the loans on
the other side of the 12 volt panel while also charging the
battery at one of 3 stages depending on battery condition.

   Whereas the Univolt transformer is never wired to the
Battery and is wholly isolated from the Battery, the
IntelliPower converter is always wired to the Battery.

   My question is: where do I attach the 12 volt + and -
output wires from the IntelliPower to the 12 volt circuit in
the 1964 Globe Trotter? It seems I should attach them to the
Battery end of the two pole switches for Lights and Fan &
Pump on the Control panel and permanently leave the switches
set to Battery.  Moving the two pole switches to City Power
after the IntelliPower is wired in would simply disconnect
everything so no lights, fan or pump would get any power.
It seems I should always leave the control panel switches
set to Battery whether or not the IntelliPower is plugged
into 120 volts AC because the IntelliPower simply
supplements the 12 volt Battery when the IntelliPower is
getting 120 volts AC when plugged in, and is adding nothing
to the Battery when it is not plugged in (so that the loads
run directly off the 12 volt Battery).

   Should I remove the City Power / Battery Power control
panel, wire the wires permanently in the Battery position,
and just wire the IntelliPower to the 12 volt Battery?

   Help from someone who has done this will be greatly
appreciated.
thanks!

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO.