[VAC] Re: removal of black water tank shroud Welding Rod Trick

Hi Oliver,

You're absolutley right about sticking the electrode.  More often than not,
it happens to me due  to my lack of skill! :(

I haven't been able to deal with sheet metal screws in restricted space
other than using a rotary file and grinding the head off.  I removed many of
these from the aluminum "U" channel that secures the shell to the floor.
Comes with replacing rotted floor sections.  Badly rusted phillip heads
don't respond to a screw driver very well.  I hadn't thought about using the
stuck welding rod technique to get the sheet metal screws out.  Could be a
very hazardous technique inside the trailer with the skin so close.

If space isn't a problem, such as the sheet metal screws holding the water
heater housing to the aluminum skin, a grinder works wonders.

Regards,                                       Joy