[VAC] Re: Dometic refrigerator door

Hi Bill,

I'm in Scottsburg, VA and quite a ways from Camping World in Manassas (200
miles).  However, I do drop by when I visit my son in Ashburn or make doctor
appointments at the Springfield Kaiser facility.  Didn't think about asking
them about a salvage door.

One reply had thoughts along the line of a door full of beer or soda cans
bouncing down the byways?

Seemed reasonable to me.  The unit is still functioning as I took it out and
tested it on my driveway for a few days with LP and electric.  The tubing on
the rear is badly rusted and I'm cleaning the rust and will give it a coat
of rustoleum.  I guess I have to find some way to brush the rust from inside
the  pipes.  A small sand blast wand might do wonders.  Then, with the
amount of rust, the pipes could fail at any moment.  More than 30 years is
pretty good longevity.  When I get to the final decision regarding
installation, I might replace it with a new unit.

Thanks for the reference,

                                                     Regards, Joy