[VAC] Re: Air conditioner removal

Airstream AC drip tubes, as I understand them:

A factory AC unit used a drip pan, which was emptied by a drain tube. The
drain pan is a "single use" part, and is available only through Airstream. I
believe that the pan only fits the brand AC that Airstream is currently
using. Chances are, that the unit you got from Camping World is not the unit
that fits the drip pan. Even if it did fit, I doubt that CW would have
bothered to get the pan from Airstream. Chances are that your new AC unit
will just drip down the side of the trailer.

Several years ago I took my '60 Overlander to an Airstream dealer to replace
the AC. The install was supposed to include a new drip pan. It apparently
did not, since the water no longer drips down the tube, but down the side of
the trailer. No big deal, but I did not get what I thought I was paying for.

Scott